Android Developer (Mid - Senior)
Working at Ostmodern
Ostmodern are mix of around 60 researchers, designers and technologists based in a lovely studio in Shoreditch. We’re committed to designing, building and evolving the world’s best video-based consumer products.
The company was founded as a UX and Design agency specialising in video-on-demand products for clients like Channel 4, ITV and BBC in 2006. Since then, we’ve built on our excellent reputation, expanding into the sports industry and building up our technical capabilities, allowing us to deliver products end-to-end.
Today, we’re proud to deliver flagship products for major broadcast and sports organisations, including Formula 1, BBC, Arsenal, and Channel 4. We operate at the high end of our markets, working with clients who want to innovate, and understand the importance of user insights.
We hire people who know their craft, and love working alongside colleagues with varied skill-sets, backgrounds and viewpoints. We believe strongly in the power of empathy; working as a united team, learning what forces are driving and challenging clients, and understanding their audience's’ motivations and anxieties.
We work in cross-discipline project teams, who are given full ownership of their delivery and client relationship. Teams work using Agile methodologies, and are encouraged to hone their approach, finding right blend of ceremonies and tools for them and their client. Together, they solve difficult problems and deliver innovative, intuitive products that millions of people use every day.
Our portfolio of projects means we need to recruit additional Android developers to join our existing teams.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Android Developers to join the team in our Shoreditch studio. As a company built on a reputation of quality products, with an emphasis on delivery, a growing development team is a core component of this.
You’ll be reporting to our Head of Technology, and work alongside an impressive technology team who work across of a range of technologies, from Python to JS to iOS, Android and Smart TV development. You’ll be responsible for delivering exceptional products for our high profile clients as part of multi-disciplinary teams. In addition you'll also be working to define and drive internal standards and push forward innovation with the latest technologies to ensure we are create the best products possible.
You are experienced in:
- Developing in Kotlin and Java for Android
- Experience with RxJava 2, Dagger 2, Retrofit, Realm,
- MVP/MVVM Architectures
- Testing tools including Junit and Mockito
- CI with Jenkins
Nice to have:
- Amazon mobile app development
- Android TV experience-
- OTT/Video streaming applications
- In-app purchases
If this sounds like your dream job, please get in touch telling us why you’re right for this role, along with your CV.
You’ll get to:
- Work with one of the nicest and most talented teams in London
- Explore, execute and deliver on large projects for TV, tablet, mobile, responsive web, and emergent technologies from Discovery through to Shipping, with the opportunity to iteratively improve and grow products over time
- Create and develop intuitive and innovative processes and tools
- Improve yourself and help shape the direction of our studio offering in the years to come alongside your peers
- Keep yourself informed on developments in the industry such as new tools, processes and shifts in technology, evolving to ensure you always remain relevant
We will provide:
- Yearly bonus based on company profits
- Own Macbook Pro to work on, which you are welcome to take home should you choose
- Time off at short notice and work from home when necessary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme
- A monthly entertainment budget to use with your team
- After 3 years, you'll be eligible to take a sabbatical career break