We're looking for an Android Developer to join our existing team and help us develop and oversee the implementation and delivery of our products.
Ideally you will be opinionated in your tastes as to how you approach problems, but also open to ideas and have a pragmatic streak that helps deliver them.
At Ostmodern we're renowned for our innovative video-on-demand products such as the highly acclaimed BFI Player running on our own VOD platform, Skylark. As a developer working at Ostmodern you will have the chance to evolve and shape Skylark over the next few years, and we can't wait to bring more brains on board to make Skylark smarter, faster, more connected and more powerful, capable of running products with a global reach and millions of viewers.
You will come from a background where you have developed a number of applications, and worked within teams of Android developers.
- Experience with Android SDK and build tools
- Strong grasp of the Java programming language
- Experience with frameworks Gradle, Retrofit/RxJava, Picasso or Fresco or Glide, Dagger 2, Butterknife, or equivalents
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Demonstrable knowledge of software design patterns
- Familiarity with UNIX / MacOS development environments
Would be great if you knew about these:
- Experience developing video playback technologies
- Experience with Android TV
- Experience with DRM
- Experience with Amazon fire
The successful candidate will have links to any accounts on GitHub, BitBucket, etc and be able to talk through their code using a computer during the interview.
- Lovely, creative and flexible company with a passion for design and technology
- Yearly bonus based on company profits
- A monthly entertainment budget for your team to collectively decide how to spend
- Own Macbook Pro to work on, which you are welcome to take home should you choose
- Time off at short notice and work from home when necessary
- Cycle to work scheme
- After 3 years, you'll be eligible to take a sabbatical career break
Ostmodern are digital product designers, video-on-demand specialists and content delivery experts.
We believe that innovative design allied with rock-solid technology produces brilliant products. And, over the last seven years, we’ve proved that our strategic thinking, design approach and technical delivery ensures tangible competitive advantage and real commercial return.
Our team of specialists work with leading broadcast and sports brands to define product strategies, design human-centered experiences, develop innovative solutions and implement hardworking products across web, desktop, mobile, tablet and TV.
We prefer to let our work do the talking and with clients like the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, Australian Football League, Yota, Arsenal FC, Virgin Media, News International, Microsoft, YouView and EE, our credentials speak for themselves.
The key to our success is a highly flexible, rigorous and tailored approach to projects. The result is collaborative and rewarding client relationships, leading to proven strategies and brilliant products that people want to use every day.