We're looking for a DevOps engineer to join our existing team and help us roll out, monitor, scale and optimise our systems.
Working with support lead, the backend development team and system administrator you’ll ensure that developers can start working on new projects quickly, environments can be spun up and torn down with ease, and deployments to production are quick, smooth and reliable. On running systems you’ll know where the bottlenecks are and how to squeeze a bit more performance out of our infrastructure, and how to keep systems up and running under load.
Ideally you will be opinionated in your tastes as to how you approach problems, but also open to ideas and have a pragmatic streak that helps you deliver.
We have teams working on front end web, iOS, and Android and routinely work in tight cross-disciplinary teams to share knowledge and skills across a range of technologies irrespective of coding background.
- Design, set up and maintain deployment systems
- Design, set up and interrogate system monitoring
- Improve and optimise existing system infrastructure
- Implement best-practice access control and system security
- Work with development teams to identify and resolve uptime, performance and scalability issues
- Communicate with multi-disciplinary internal and external teams
- Take ownership of problems and get stuff done
- Stay up to date with the latest technology developments and be prepared to present them internally and to clients
- Demonstrable investigative and problem solving skills
- Amazon Web Services (especially EC2 & RDS)
- At least one scripting or system orchestration language
- Linux (preferably Ubuntu)
- Relational database admin (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Some knowledge of TCP/IP Networking
- Working iteratively with regular delivery (especially continuous delivery)
- Git (or another DVCS)
Would be great if you knew about these:
- Vagrant (or other virtual machine tools)
- Jenkins (or other continuous integration tools)
- Lovely, creative and flexible company with a passion for design and technology
- Yearly bonus based on company profits
- Own Macbook Pro to work on, which you are welcome to take home should you choose
- Time off at short notice and work from home when necessary
- Cycle to work scheme
- After 3 years, you'll be eligible to take a sabbatical career break
Ostmodern are digital product designers, video-on-demand specialists and content delivery experts.
We believe that innovative design allied with rock-solid technology produces brilliant products. And, over the last seven years, we’ve proved that our strategic thinking, design approach and technical delivery ensures tangible competitive advantage and real commercial return.
Our team of specialists work with leading broadcast and sports brands to define product strategies, design human-centered experiences, develop innovative solutions and implement hardworking products across web, desktop, mobile, tablet and TV.
We prefer to let our work do the talking and with clients like the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, Australian Football League, Yota, Arsenal FC, Virgin Media, News International, Microsoft, YouView and EE, our credentials speak for themselves.
The key to our success is a highly flexible, rigorous and tailored approach to projects. The result is collaborative and rewarding client relationships, leading to proven strategies and brilliant products that people want to use every day.