Ostmodern are looking for enthusiastic QA Engineers to join our team to become part of our rapidly expanding technology department. As a company built on a reputation of quality products, with high standards for our technical builds, a growing QA team is a core component of this.
You’ll be working within a well established QA team, reporting to our Lead QA. Alongside an impressive technology team who work across of a range of technologies, from Python to JS to iOS, Android and Smart TV development, you'll be responsible for testing innovative new products. Our projects are often mobile products, so whilst you won’t be expected to know every device, some experience working with mobile would be beneficial.
We're a friendly team who like to work hard and don't like to be restrictive with roles. With a team that is growing, our working methods are evolving, we aim to give you the perfect place to develop your skills as well as helping us improve how we work.
If you're interested, or would just like to know a little more about the role, please email email@example.com with your CV and any questions. We kindly ask for no recruiters!
Daily objectives may include (some of) the following:
- Executing manual test plans across various browsers, OS’s and devices.
- Designing and writing manual test plans and test cases based on product requirements.
- Working closely with Product Analysts to ensure core functionality and test coverage.
- Performance testing web and app products.
- Attending daily scrum meetings.
- Attending Sprint review and Sprint planning sessions.
- Working closely with UX and Design to ensure usability as well as functionality.
- Maintaining existing Selenium Webdriver scripts (in Java and Python).
- Adding core functional tests to the automation suite.
- Feeding back issues/blockers/concerns to the QA team.
- Taking responsibility for projects whilst working within a team of testers.
- Regression and Release testing.
- Feeding back testing progress and release status to the Project Manager.
- Testing user stories, accepting / rejecting feature branches delivered by DEV.
- Supporting the build process, monitoring deployments on Jenkins.
The following is desired but not mandatory:
- At least 1 year working experience as a manual QA Engineer/Tester.
- Manual testing experience on all platforms (Android, iOS and Desktop) is preferable.
- Experience writing Selenium WebDriver tests
- Experience writing Appium tests for iOS and Android
- Knowledge or experience of working with Jenkins and CI processes.
- Knowledge of Github and GitFlow.
- Knowledge or experience of testing VOD and SVOD products.
- Performance and Load testing experience (desirable).
Please note, the above is desired but not mandatory. In general we are looking for individuals who have a strong desire to deliver quality products through team communication, thrive in unrestrictive roles, are capable of working within various project teams and have keen eye for design and detail!
Ostmodern are digital product designers, video-on-demand specialists and content delivery experts.
We believe that innovative design allied with rock-solid technology produces brilliant products. And, over the last seven years, we’ve proved that our strategic thinking, design approach and technical delivery ensures tangible competitive advantage and real commercial return.
Our team of specialists work with leading broadcast and sports brands to define product strategies, design human-centered experiences, develop innovative solutions and implement hardworking products across web, desktop, mobile, tablet and TV.
We prefer to let our work do the talking and with clients like the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, Australian Football League, Yota, Arsenal FC, Virgin Media, News International, Microsoft, YouView and EE, our credentials speak for themselves.
The key to our success is a highly flexible, rigorous and tailored approach to projects. The result is collaborative and rewarding client relationships, leading to proven strategies and brilliant products that people want to use every day.