Solutions Architect (Skylark)
Working at Ostmodern
Ostmodern are mix of around 60 researchers, designers and technologists based in a lovely studio in Shoreditch. We’re committed to designing, building and evolving the world’s best video-based consumer products.
The company was founded as a UX and Design agency specialising in video-on-demand products for clients like Channel 4, ITV and BBC in 2006. Since then, we’ve built on our excellent reputation, expanding into the sports industry and building up our technical capabilities, allowing us to deliver products end-to-end.
Today, we’re proud to deliver flagship products for major broadcast and sports organisations, including Formula 1, BBC, Arsenal, and Channel 4. We operate at the high end of our markets, working with clients who want to innovate, and understand the importance of user insights.
We hire people who know their craft, and love working alongside colleagues with varied skill-sets, backgrounds and viewpoints. We believe strongly in the power of empathy; working as a united team, learning what forces are driving and challenging clients, and understanding their audience's’ motivations and anxieties.
We work in cross-discipline project teams, who are given full ownership of their delivery and client relationship. Teams work using Agile methodologies, and are encouraged to hone their approach, finding right blend of ceremonies and tools for them and their client. Together, they solve difficult problems and deliver innovative, intuitive products that millions of people use every day.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Solutions Architect to join the team in our Shoreditch office and will be responsible for leading architecture across projects for our clients. This is a high profile role that will see you working closely with internal and client teams to define and own the architecture for the products from inception through launch and continuous evolution. In addition to this, you will have a significant role to play in shaping the future direction of Skylark, our CMS and API platform powering many of our products.
You are experienced in:
- Defining solutions architecture for complex multi-party systems that scale to meet the demands of B2C products
- Working with developers to define appropriate application architectures
- Working with infrastructure engineers to define and evolve our approach to project deployments
- Strong stakeholder management skills to work with our clients to build buy-in to your architecture
- Strong communication skills - you can quickly and coherently describe architectures in a visual way at an appropriate level of detail for the audience
- Experience architecting API centric systems in a microservice / SOA environment
- Extensive experience with AWS and containerisation
- Working with systems with high load and scalability demands
- Exposure to a wide range of programming languages including Python, React, Kotlin, Swift
- Recommending and driving new tools and processes
Nice to have:
- TOGAF certification
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Experience working with containerisation
- Experience working with Postgresql
- Experience with media, broadcast or OTT propositions
- Experience in consultancy or agency contexts
You’ll get to:
- Work with one of the nicest and most talented teams in London
- Explore, execute and deliver on large projects for TV, tablet, mobile, responsive web, and emergent technologies from Discovery through to Shipping, with the opportunity to iteratively improve and grow products over time
- Improve yourself and help shape the direction of Skylark in the years to come
- Keep yourself informed on developments in the industry such as new tools, processes and shifts in technology, evolving to ensure you always remain relevant
We will provide:
- Yearly bonus based on company profits
- Own Macbook Pro to work on, which you are welcome to take home should you choose
- Time off at short notice and work from home when necessary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme
- A monthly entertainment budget to use with your team
- After 3 years, you'll be eligible to take a sabbatical career break