We're looking for iOS developers to join our existing team and develop and oversee our current iOS apps; Olympic Channel and BBC Player and help architect and build new products who specialise in video-on-demand content.
At Ostmodern we're renowned for our innovative video-on-demand products such as the highly acclaimed BFI Player running on our own VOD platform, Skylark. As a developer working at Ostmodern you will have the chance to evolve and shape Skylark over the next few years, and we can't wait to bring more brains on board to make Skylark smarter, more powerful, and unique.
Outside of VOD we have a diverse range of products, having recently developed a number of healthcare applications for use in hospitals, and won awards for the editorial-led Arsenal FC site.
We have an enthusiastic team of iOS developers who work with collaboratively with Android/ Quality Assurance/ Responsive Web/ UI designers to deliver the best possible apps.
- 2+ years experience in iOS Development.
- Good knowledge of Swift 3+ as well as proven Objective-C expertise.
- Use of Apple's Frameworks and 3rd party libraries.
- Realm/ Core data experience.
- Good understanding of software design patterns as well as use of Storyboards/ xib files and programmatic layouts.
- Automation (unit/ behavioural testing) with CI integration.
Preferred but not essential:
- Working in an Agile environment.
- Git flow experience.
- Demonstrate your experience through apps in the store/ GitHub/ Bitbucket account links.
- Lovely, creative and flexible company with a passion for design and technology
- Yearly bonus based on company profits
- A monthly entertainment budget for your team to collectively decide how to spend
- Own Macbook Pro to work on, which you are welcome to take home should you choose
- Time off at short notice and work from home when necessary
- Cycle to work scheme
- After 3 years, you'll be eligible to take a sabbatical career break
Ostmodern are digital product designers, video-on-demand specialists and content delivery experts.
We believe that innovative design allied with rock-solid technology produces brilliant products. And, over the last seven years, we’ve proved that our strategic thinking, design approach and technical delivery ensures tangible competitive advantage and real commercial return.
Our team of specialists work with leading broadcast and sports brands to define product strategies, design human-centered experiences, develop innovative solutions and implement hardworking products across web, desktop, mobile, tablet and TV.
We prefer to let our work do the talking and with clients like the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, Australian Football League, Yota, Arsenal FC, Virgin Media, News International, Microsoft, YouView and EE, our credentials speak for themselves.
The key to our success is a highly flexible, rigorous and tailored approach to projects. The result is collaborative and rewarding client relationships, leading to proven strategies and brilliant products that people want to use every day.