Working at Ostmodern
Ostmodern are mix of around 60 researchers, designers and technologists based in a lovely studio in Shoreditch. We’re committed to designing, building and evolving the world’s best video-based consumer products.
The company was founded as a UX and Design agency specialising in video-on-demand products for clients like Channel 4, ITV and BBC in 2006. Since then, we’ve built on our excellent reputation, expanding into the sports industry and building up our technical capabilities, allowing us to deliver products end-to-end.
Today, we’re proud to deliver flagship products for major broadcast and sports organisations, including Formula 1, BBC, Arsenal, and Channel 4. We operate at the high end of our markets, working with clients who want to innovate, and understand the importance of user insights.
We hire people who know their craft, and love working alongside colleagues with varied skill-sets, backgrounds and viewpoints. We believe strongly in the power of empathy; working as a united team, learning what forces are driving and challenging clients, and understanding their audience's’ motivations and anxieties.
We work in cross-discipline project teams, who are given full ownership of their delivery and client relationship. Teams work using Agile methodologies, and are encouraged to hone their approach, finding right blend of ceremonies and tools for them and their client. Together, they solve difficult problems and deliver innovative, intuitive products that millions of people use every day.
Our portfolio of projects means we need to recruit additional Scrum Masters to help drive delivery and support the teams.
The Scrum Masters work closely with the project teams to plan and deliver the products we create for our clients. They protect the team from outside interruptions and distractions, clear obstacles (collaborating with others in the studio as needed), and nurture the relationships within the team. Our Scrum Masters, wherever possible, are focused on a single product and team.
The Scrum Masters are embedded within the technology function, our working methods are evolving, and we aim to give you the perfect place to develop your skills as well as helping us improve how we work.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Scrum Masters to join the team in our Shoreditch studio. As a company built on a reputation of quality products, with an emphasis on delivery, a growing Scrum Master team is a core component of this.
You’ll be reporting to our Head of Technology, and work alongside an impressive technology team who work across of a range of technologies, from Python to JS to iOS, Android and Smart TV development. You’ll be responsible for embedding Agile values within the team, keeping the team focused and energised, ensuring boards are up to date, developing team relationships, supporting the product owners vision, and facilitating ceremonies.
You are experienced in:
- Scrum and Kanban applied as the primary methodologies across different teams
- Supporting the team to delivery working software in regular sprint cycle
- Identifying and effectively implementing continuous improvements
- Facilitation, coaching and mediation
- Agile tools such as Jira, Confluence etc.
Nice to have:
- A good foundational knowledge of systems interactions
- Experience delivering training
- Experience working in a mobile first environment or a startup environment
- Scrum, Kanban or similar certifications
You’ll work with:
- Product Owner
- Understand and support product vision to the team
- Raise any priority calls to be resolved
- Project team (user experience architects, designers, developers, quality assurance engineers)
- Embed Agile values within the team
- Support the team in remaining focused and energised
- Develop team relationships
- Facilite all ceremonies to enable the team to share and collate information in order to deliver
- Project Managers
- Facilitate team estimations in order to plan projects
- Arm with information to ensure clients can be kept up to date
- Head of Planning and Operations
- Ensure resourcing tool is kept up to date for project team
- Raise any resourcing concerns and support resolution of these
- Client/third parties
- Work collaboratively to remove impediments and blockers for the team
If this sounds like your dream job, please get in touch telling us why you’re right for this role, along with your CV.
You’ll get to:
- Work with one of the nicest and most talented teams in London
- Explore, execute and deliver on large projects for TV, tablet, mobile, responsive web, and emergent technologies from Discovery through to Shipping, with the opportunity to iteratively improve and grow products over time
- Create and develop intuitive and innovative processes and tools
- Improve yourself and help shape the direction of our studio offering in the years to come alongside your peers
- Keep yourself informed on developments in the industry such as new tools, processes and shifts in technology, evolving to ensure you always remain relevant
We will provide:
- Yearly bonus based on company profits
- Own Macbook Pro to work on, which you are welcome to take home should you choose
- Time off at short notice and work from home when necessary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme
- A monthly entertainment budget to use with your team
- After 3 years, you'll be eligible to take a sabbatical career break