Ostmodern are digital product designers and content delivery experts specialising in video-centred products and we are looking for a Scrum Master to join a growing Product team. As a company built on a reputation of quality products, we see Scrum Masters as an essential part of delivering innovative work.
You will be responsible for helping teams grow into high performing squads, enabling them to focus on delivering quality products.
Using Agile methodologies you will take-on a hands on approach to ensure every project is on track, removing impediments whilst encouraging an environment of continuous improvement.
A “can do” problem solver, your knowledge of products and agile should be broad but incisive, with an understanding of the decisions involved from a design, technical, UX, and business perspective.
A passionate agilist, you will be committed to assisting teams self-organise whilst ensuring agile best practices are followed using the Scrum framework.
- Leading and motivating scrum teams so that teams can focus on delivering value efficiently
- Organising and facilitating ceremonies, ensuring process is followed, and maintaining progress reporting (i.e burn-down and other artifacts),
- Work closely with the Product Owner to ensure sprint backlogs are sufficient and realistically prioritised, acting as an interface between technical teams and Product Owner when needed
- Communicating to other internal stakeholders (Project managers) so that the project remains transparent to all
- Resolving conflicts, blockers and issues within the project
- Working with the wider Product team to improve processes where necessary
- Has experience of Agile principles, processes and practices
- Is a good people person with excellent communication skills
- Able to work in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Is a team player, with a flexible and collaborative nature
- Can maintain a strategic view, especially identifying and tracking dependencies as early as possible
- Has experience of the end to end project lifecycle
- Previous experience in VOD would be helpful
- Holds a PSM or CSM qualification
- Able to communicate the differences between "Scrum" and other variations
- Able to manage multiple teams/projects simultaneously
We believe that innovative design allied with rock-solid technology produces brilliant products. And, over the last seven years, we’ve proved that our strategic thinking, design approach and technical delivery ensures tangible competitive advantage and real commercial return.
Our team of specialists work with leading broadcast and sports brands to define product strategies, design human-centered experiences, develop innovative solutions and implement hardworking products across web, desktop, mobile, tablet and TV.
We prefer to let our work do the talking and with clients like the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, Australian Football League, Yota, Arsenal FC, Virgin Media, News International, Microsoft, YouView and EE, our credentials speak for themselves.
The key to our success is a highly flexible, rigorous and tailored approach to projects. The result is collaborative and rewarding client relationships, leading to proven strategies and brilliant products that people want to use every day.