Ostmodern are a mix of researchers, designers and technologists committed to designing, building and evolving the world’s best video-based consumer products. We work with massive broadcast and sports organisations, right down to tiny startups who can benefit from our expertise.
We hire people who know their craft, and love working alongside colleagues with varied skill-sets, backgrounds and viewpoints. Together, they solve difficult problems and deliver innovative, intuitive products that millions of people use every day.
We believe strongly in the power of empathy; working as a united team, learning what forces are driving and challenging clients, and understanding their audiences’ motivations and anxieties.
We’re looking for a talented midweight UX designer to join the Product Design team in our Shoreditch studio. You’ll receive guidance and support from our Head of Product Design, Senior UX Designers and of course the rest of the team!
- A UX, interaction or product designer with a desire to work on real consumer products
- Excited to work on projects end to end, from product strategy and definition through to iteration beyond launch
- Driven by user insights and research
- A rapid prototyper; happy to use a myriad of tools to explore design solutions in differing fidelities.
You’ll work with:
- UI designers, to communicate the product structure, interaction paradigms, layout, and user journeys.
- User Insights, to thoroughly understand the audience you’re designing for.
- Developers and QAs, to understand the technical considerations affecting the product, and to inspire you with new ideas from their angle.
- Clients, leading them through the process and theory behind UX outputs, enabling them to have thoughtful interaction with us about the things that matter.
You’ll get to:
- Work with one of the nicest and most talented Product Design teams in London
- Explore, execute and present UX design and creative strategy on large projects for TV, tablet, mobile, responsive web, and emergent technologies.
- Create intuitive and innovative design systems and architectures, with the freedom to use a wide range of design and prototyping tools to do so.
- Work end to end on projects from discovery and definition through to shipping, with the opportunity to iteratively improve and grow products over time.
- Take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs
- Improve yourself, and help to shape the direction of our design offering in the years to come alongside your design peers.
- Keep yourself and your team informed on developments in the industry such as new interaction patterns, design process and shifts in technology.
- Lovely, creative and flexible company with a passion for design and technology
- Yearly bonus based on company profits
- Own Macbook Pro to work on, which you are welcome to take home should you choose
- Time off at short notice and work from home when necessary
- Company closedown between Christmas and New Year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme
- After 3 years, you’ll be eligible to take a sabbatical career break