Lead UI Designer
We’re a mix of researchers, designers and technologists committed to designing, building and evolving the world’s best video-based consumer products. We work with massive broadcast and sports organisations, right down to tiny startups who can benefit from our expertise.
We hire people who know their craft, and love working alongside colleagues with varied skill-sets, backgrounds and viewpoints. Together, they solve difficult problems and deliver innovative, intuitive products that millions of people use every day.
We believe strongly in the power of empathy; working as a united team, learning what forces are driving and challenging clients, and understanding their audiences’ motivations and anxieties.
We’re looking for an exceptional Lead UI Designer to join the Product Design team in our Shoreditch studio. You’ll mentor our talented UI Design team, receiving guidance and support from both our Design Director and Head of Product Design.
You get to:
- Execute design on large projects for TV, tablet, mobile, responsive web, and emergent technologies. You’ll supervise the UI Design team on smaller projects.
- Create beautiful, intuitive, and innovative design systems, across UI, interaction and motion design. Use a wide range of design, prototyping and animation software to do so.
- Improve both yourself and the UI Design team, and help to shape the direction of our design offering in the years to come.
- Keep yourself and the UI Design team informed on developments in the industry such as graphical trends, new interaction patterns and shifts in technology.
You’ll work with:
- UX, to design the product structure, interaction paradigms, layout, UI and workflows.
- User Insights, to thoroughly understand the audience you’re designing for.
- Developers and QAs, to understand the technical considerations affecting the product.
- Clients, leading them through the process and theory of design, enabling them to have thoughtful interaction with us about the things that matter.
If this sounds like your dream job, apply below, telling us why you’re right for this role, along with your CV and portfolio.
- Lovely, creative and flexible company with a passion for design and technology
- Yearly bonus based on company profits
- Pension Scheme
- A monthly entertainment budget for each team member
- Own Macbook Pro to work on, which you are welcome to take home should you choose
- Time off at short notice and work from home when necessary
- Cycle to work scheme
- After 3 years, you'll be eligible to take a sabbatical career break