Product Owner / Business Analyst
Ostmodern are digital product designers and content delivery experts specialising in video-centred products and we are looking for a Product Analyst to join a growing Product team. As a company built on a reputation of quality products, we see analysts capable of understanding what it takes to make a coherent product as an essential part of delivering innovative work.
You will be responsible for establishing, documenting and representing product requirements from conception to beyond the launch of a product.
Your knowledge of products should be broad but incisive, with an understanding of the decisions involved from a design, technical, UX, and business perspective. Ensuring the quality and clarity of a product, you will encourage processes that are adaptable but structured, whilst ensuring that the milestones are realistic, in-line with stakeholders expectations, and well communicated at all levels.
You should maintain a clear definition of the product and be a knowledgeable representative throughout the project. You will also work alongside a Project Manager to understand the costs, timelines and client requirements on a day to day basis.
- Responsible for working with Product Owners and other client stakeholders to understand their needs and translate these business needs into requirements.
- Act as the internal Product Owner to represent requirements, maintain a prioritised backlog and document deliverables on behalf of the client
- Contribute to meetings and workshops both internally and with client’s stakeholders
- Liaise with Project Manager to keep the client up to date on key decisions and milestones
- Provide the role as Scrum Master on smaller projects, or work closely with a designated Scrum Master to drive the delivery of the product
- Working with the wider Product team to improve processes where necessary
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Worked with External Client stakeholders to define and prioritise the product backlog
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Able to articulate requirements and define the business value and priority of deliverables
- Worked with development teams in context to the end to end experience of the project lifecycle
- Previous experience in VOD would be helpful
- Worked with UX/D teams in the process of defining a solution
- Good technical understanding of the work involved to develop and deliver a product
- Worked in the role of Scrum Master
We believe that innovative design allied with rock-solid technology produces brilliant products. And, over the last seven years, we’ve proved that our strategic thinking, design approach and technical delivery ensures tangible competitive advantage and real commercial return.
Our team of specialists work with leading broadcast and sports brands to define product strategies, design human-centered experiences, develop innovative solutions and implement hardworking products across web, desktop, mobile, tablet and TV.
We prefer to let our work do the talking and with clients like the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, Australian Football League, Yota, Arsenal FC, Virgin Media, News International, Microsoft, YouView and EE, our credentials speak for themselves.
The key to our success is a highly flexible, rigorous and tailored approach to projects. The result is collaborative and rewarding client relationships, leading to proven strategies and brilliant products that people want to use every day.