Service Delivery Manager / Support Lead
Working at Ostmodern
Ostmodern are mix of around 60 researchers, designers and technologists based in a lovely studio in Shoreditch. We’re committed to designing, building and evolving the world’s best video-based consumer products.
The company was founded as a UX and Design agency specialising in video-on-demand products for clients like Channel 4, ITV and BBC in 2006. Since then, we’ve built on our excellent reputation, expanding into the sports industry and building up our technical capabilities, allowing us to deliver products end-to-end.
Today, we’re proud to deliver flagship products for major broadcast and sports organisations, including Formula 1, BBC, Arsenal, and Channel 4. We operate at the high end of our markets, working with clients who want to innovate, and understand the importance of user insights.
We hire people who know their craft, and love working alongside colleagues with varied skill-sets, backgrounds and viewpoints. We believe strongly in the power of empathy; working as a united team, learning what forces are driving and challenging clients, and understanding their audience's’ motivations and anxieties.
We work in cross-discipline project teams, who are given full ownership of their delivery and client relationship. Teams work in Agile methodologies, and are encouraged to hone their approach, finding right blend of ceremonies and tools for them and their client. Together, they solve difficult problems and deliver innovative, intuitive products that millions of people use every day.
Our Support team are currently three strong and we are looking to hire someone to lead the 1st Line Operations Engineers. We are looking for a well rounded Service Deliver Manager or Support Lead with a strong understanding on how to best support complex digital products that service live events. This person will line manage the three 1st Line Operations Engineers plus an Application Support Engineer (are currently in the hiring process for). This team supports both the digital products that we have built for our clients and the internal IT at Ostmodern.
You are talented and enthusiastic, keen to get stuck in as needed, with a great manner with clients. As a company built on a reputation of quality products, with high standards for our technical builds, the Support team is a core component of ensure this is the experience for our clients and customers.
You’ll be reporting to our Head of Technology and work alongside an impressive studio wide team who work across a range of technologies and applications. You'll be responsible for monitoring and keeping our products live, working with the team to resolve any outages, alongside managing and developing the Support team as individuals and as a team for our clients.
- Experience in managing live applications including reviewing performance, stability, log files etc
- Extensive experience of providing customer service of digital product, working with Jira Service Desk and Confluence, along with tracking of client KPIs
- Line management and team development experience
- Good systems thinking - ability to understand complex multi-party end-to-end system
- Experience communicating directly with clients
- Experience of customer service of digital products
- Strong understand of ITLL practices
Nice to have:
- A good foundation of knowledge in systems architecture
- Experience supporting multi-company products
- Experience of support video-on-demand products
- Established a strong support function
- ITLL certification
NB This role will require some shift work, to include night and weekend shifts - please only apply if you are able and happy to undertake this type of working pattern.
You’ll get to:
- Work with one of the nicest and most talented teams in London
- Support high profile products for TV, tablet, mobile, responsive web, and emergent technologies
- Develop the Support function
- Improve yourself and help shape the direction of our studio offering in the years to come alongside your peers
- Keep yourself informed on developments in the industry such as new tools, processes and shifts in technology, evolving to ensure you always remain relevant
We will provide:
- Yearly bonus based on company profits
- Own Macbook Pro to work on, which you are welcome to take home should you choose
- Work from home when necessary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme
- A monthly entertainment budget to use with your team
- After 3 years, you'll be eligible to take a sabbatical career break