Human Resources Manager (HR Manager)
Ostmodern are digital product designers, video-on-demand specialists and content delivery experts. We believe that innovative design and rock-solid technology produce brilliant products. And, over the last ten years, we’ve proved that our strategic thinking, design approach and technical delivery ensures tangible competitive advantage and real commercial return. We prefer to let our work do the talking and with clients like the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, BFI Player, Arsenal FC, News International, Microsoft, YouView and EE, our credentials speak for themselves.
We are looking for an HR Manager to join Ostmodern to own and manage all HR requirements in our studio.
This is an integral role within the Studio team, and requires a skilled and strategic individual who is looking for a role they can shape and lead on. The Board and Management teams will be looking to the HR Manager as the expert to shape and implement all our HR practices and policies along with providing support to all Heads of department on key areas.
You must be experienced in owning the entire HR function, to include establishing it within an organisation. You must be keen to lead the leadership team in best practices and happy to support them to ensure these are implemented and followed, to include hands on work for recruitment, policy definition and documentation, talent monitoring and nurturing.
To work with our studio, an understanding of the on-demand, TV broadcaster and digital content landscape, would be useful. It’s not essential though, and we’d rather help a gifted HR Manager learn on the job, rather than compromise on finding the best person for the role.
The key responsibilities that make up the HR Manager role are:
- Establish, document, monitor and ensure compliance to all HR policies across the entire organisation
- Identify, set up and document the benefits we should be offering to ensure a happy team and competitive offering
- Ensure we are complying with and maximising all HR legislation
- Provide support to the Heads of department across all HR areas, such as team development, issue resolution, key documentation, talent management, recruitment
- Provide advice and support on all HR issues, to include escalation of serious or complex issues
- Ensure all HR documentation and records are kept up to date at all times - identifying, implementing and updating the systems required
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with recruitment agencies and organisations
A summary of the requirements for this role are:
- Three to five plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions
- Demonstrate proven ability to identify and drive HR strategy and practices within an organisation and have a passion for culture
- Strategic thinker and always offer a strategic understanding/articulation of situation with a recommendation on steps to resolve
- Extensive knowledge of HR practices, systems and legalities - able to be a knowledgeable resource to the leadership teams
- Professional communicator (verbal and written) with the ability to work well with people of all levels and backgrounds
- Know when and how to delegate upwards and ensure issues known by the right people
- Strong diplomacy and problem solving skills
- High level of confidentiality
- Highly organised, strong work ethic, powerful internal drive, and a commitment to achieving wins as a team
- Passionate about our business and industry
- Encourage best practices and have a very good eye for detail
The below would also be beneficial:
- CIPD qualified
- Experience within a digital design studio, and/or experience of TV, broadcast, sports or the film industry
- Working knowledge of Mac, Google Apps Suite, CharlieHR