Lead User Research Consultant
The role of the Lead User Research Consultant is to coordinate user research throughout projects and across disciplines. Alongside our Junior User Research consultant, you will be able to organise and conduct qualitative and quantitive research including user testing and interpretation of web analytics. You will be able to communicate your findings clearly to empower our team to design and build innovative and practicable experiences.
Ostmodern are a mix of researchers, designers and technologists committed to designing, building and evolving the world’s best video-based consumer products. We work with massive broadcast and sports organisations, right down to tiny startups who can benefit from our expertise.
We hire people who know their craft, and love working alongside colleagues with varied skill-sets, backgrounds and viewpoints. Together, they solve difficult problems and deliver innovative, intuitive products that millions of people use every day.
We believe strongly in the power of empathy; working as a united team, learning what forces are driving and challenging clients, and understanding their audiences’ motivations and anxieties.
- An enthusiastic user researcher with an interest in the digital media industry and it’s key challenges
- Able to apply both qualitative and quantitative methodologies (including customer data and analytics) to uncover and deliver the user insights which shape our work.
- Able to take a neutral stance, delivering research findings which are honest, with integrity
- Have a degree or similar qualifications in Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology or similar; HCI, Ergonomics or similar
You’ll work with:
- User experience and UI designers, product managers and technologists to provide inspiring insights relevant to their department.
- Project teams to ensure research is conducted to high standards and forms an integral part of their work.
- Junior User Insights Consultant, providing them with career development and day to day support
- Head of Product and Creative Director who will provide guidance and support
You’ll get to:
- Work with one of the nicest and most talented digital product teams in London
- Inspire and influence product strategy and design on large projects for TV, tablet, mobile, responsive web, and emergent technologies.
- Outline all User Insights activities on a project, to enable a project to be planned, costed and invoiced accurately
- Plan and execute qualitative user insights exercises such as interviews and user testing
- Work with stats, data, analytics and other quantitative user insight material
- Undertake and delegate desk research and trend analysis
- Delegate insights tasks to different disciplines and collaborate in their undertaking
- Liaise with third party testing agencies
- Create inspiring documentation of your findings and present them to internal and client stakeholders
- Proactively recommend where user insights can make a contribution to Ostmodern as a business.
- Provide insight materials which help to inform and prioritise product decisions from initial inception to monitoring launch products.
- Management, documentation & upkeep of user insights processes and approach at Ostmodern
- Actively communicate success metrics
You are proficient in:
- Keynote, powerpoint or other presentation software
- Google docs and spreadsheets or similar
- Various user testing software
- Google analytics or relevant analytics software
- Lovely, creative and flexible company with a passion for design and technology
- Yearly bonus based on company profits
- Own Macbook Pro to work on, which you are welcome to take home should you choose
- Time off at short notice and work from home when necessary
- Company closedown between Christmas and New Year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme
- After 3 years, you’ll be eligible to take a sabbatical career break